2008년 12월 6일 토요일

Biography



As a child, I was always fascinated by gospel music, and by the time I was a high school student, I became a member of a Christian Contemporary Music(CCM) band. As I had the opportunity to perform in various churches with the CCM band, I wanted further study music in depth, particularly Jazz piano. I went to the Dong Duk Women’s University majoring in Jazz Studies, and there I became aware of many different genres of music that I could apply to my piano playing. I continued to perform with CCM band throughout college, and
seeing the listeners and the audience relate to my performance fulfilled me. By the time I graduated college, I had had diverse experience as a performer. I moved forward to be a composer, and I also participated in the making of an album. I served as a producer and a composer during the recording process. As a result, I learned MIDI arrangement and chorus arrangement skills.In 2007, I moved to New York from Korea in order to experience a larger musical life. I am currently working on a Masters Degree in Jazz Studies at NYU, and I am enjoying many opportunities to work with jazz musicians from all over the world. I recorded my own compositions here in New York, and I am getting further interested in developing myself as a jazz musician, a composer and a producer. In Korea, Jazz Big Bands are not easily available for audiences to hear. In New York, however there are numerous forms of large ensembles. I am interested in continuing to study Jazz Orchestra arranging.Personally, I have a goal of making an album in New York that I can use to apply for the prestigious Dove Award in Christian Contemporary Music. I have attended the Dove Award in Nashville, Tennessee, where I met EMI label representatives and introduced my jazz and gospel album. Through such goals, I hope to be a musician and a producer who can express my beliefs and affect the audience through my performance.

댓글 없음: